Who We Are
The18 is a fast-growing digital soccer media company, providing the most engaging soccer content for young fans on the18.com and across social platforms. We are guided by our vision and values. Our vision is simply: Be Better. Like the great players and teams in sports, we are constant in our pursuit of being the best we can be. Our values are: passion for sport, accountability for actions and outcomes, excellence in everything we do, and community.
Today, we engage 10M+ monthly active users and see 25M+ monthly content engagements across platforms, including 10M+ video views. We are the largest soccer media company based in the U.S. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company, with a positive, collaborative, high-performing team working together to achieve big goals.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a talented video editor to join our in-house video studio. The ideal candidate is someone who understands the digital media landscape and how to put together highly engaging video stories that spread across social media. In short, we’re looking for someone who can edit videos that live up to our promise to deliver the world’s most engaging soccer content.
This hire will create video content that is entertaining and that brings to life soccer news and culture from many angles. This position will work collaboratively with the rest of our staff to identify a diversity of original concepts and to bring them to life through a mix of original footage, motion graphics, curated clips, etc.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded, positive and hard-working person who will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have up to four years professional experience as a video editor, creating content for publication online
• Demonstrate a strong aptitude for storytelling using a mix of assets – from original footage, to motion graphics, to photography, to third-party footage
• Be expert with Adobe Premiere Pro and other video editing software
• Be able to produce dynamic, polished motion graphics (e.g., animations, on-screen text, etc.) using professional software such as After Effects
• Demonstrate strong design skills and an eye for visual aesthetics
• Work with an entrepreneurial mindset, approaching tasks flexibly and with creativity, often managing multiple projects at once
• Have strong knowledge of a multitude of social media platforms – both established and emerging
• Have a passion for soccer (either as a fan, player or both)
To apply, candidates must submit:
• A cover letter and resume
Please submit your application to by January 8, 2020.